Online Graduate Certificate
A 12-Credit Online Graduate Certificate Program for Professionals
Are you being tasked with designing a questionnaire to gather data on consumer preferences? Do you understand how attitudes form and how this can influence the results of research? Do you have the skills to prepare and present executive summaries of survey findings? Are you familiar with new technologies that enable you to collect data in entirely unique ways? Do you know what's in store for the future of Survey Research?
If your expertise in any area of Survey Research needs strengthening – or if you're just breaking into the field – you've come to the right place.
The University of Connecticut's (UConn) Survey Research Online Graduate Certificate is designed for:
- Professionals looking to transition into Market Research or a related field, but lack the credentials.
- Seasoned managers or directors who work in the field and are interested in advancing their careers, but need to bolster their expertise in Survey Research.
- Individuals who need discipline-specific training in Survey Research, but can't commit to a full Master's Degree program.
- Professionals who already have a Master's degree, such as an MBA, but need discipline-specific training, along with a highly reputable certificate credential, to move up in their careers.
- Students who are enrolled in UConn's Master of Arts in Survey Research. (Credits earned through this program can be applied to their degree.)
Portfolio Manager, Sterling National Bank,
Marketing Systems Group
The Online Graduate Certificate in Survey Research allowed me to explore the in-depth art of constructing surveys and collecting data at a prestigious institute while balancing a 9 – 5 work schedule, a rare combination.
Robert M. Keen
Director of Information Technology,
University Center for Social & Urban Research, University of Pittsburgh
The Online Graduate Certificate in Survey Research was attractive to me because it is completely on-line, it has high quality faculty, and overall institutional reputation.
The fully online four course 12-credit program, which can be completed in one year, gives you the skills and competencies you'll need to conduct high quality survey research in virtually any sector, from academia to government agencies to global Fortune 500 companies. You can choose from more than 17 courses to develop specific competencies in such areas as questionnaire design, sampling techniques, statistical data analysis, data presentation, and public opinion formation. The certificate courses can be applied to the Master of Arts in Survey Research.
Certificate Award Criteria
To be awarded a certificate, a student must satisfactorily complete (with a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher) a set of courses specified in the certificate program requirements.
Please see the Graduate School Academic Regulations for further information.
The Survey Research Certificate is administered by the Graduate Program in Survey Research, a fully-online program.