MPA Fellows Program Admissions
We welcome your application to the UConn MPA Fellows Program!
In keeping with our commitment to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, race, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, cultural background, religion or beliefs.
|PREFERRED APPLICATION DEADLINE DATES*|
|FALL SEMESTER ADMISSION||SPRING SEMESTER ADMISSION|
|February 15||November 1|
Below are instructions to aid you in your application process:
- Complete the Graduate School Online Application
- Official transcripts for all college-level studies, regardless of whether a degree was awarded. You may upload an unofficial transcript to the online application. Please send all official transcripts to:
Whetten Graduate School
438 Whitney Road Extension, Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
Official electronic copies of your transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Students
International applicants who are not native English speakers are also required to complete a test of English proficiency, such as the TOEFL, PTE or IELTS exams.
- Your current résumé
- Letter of recommendation
One letter of recommendation is required. You may submit more than one letter. Your letter writer(s) should send their letter(s) electronically per the application instructions. If your letter writer(s) is unable to submit the letter(s) of recommendation electronically, it may be submitted using the following methods:
1. Email attachment (PDF) to email@example.com
2. Fax: (860) 246-0334
University of Connecticut
Department of Public Policy
10 Prospect St., 4th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
- A personal statement addressing your goals and objectives for a career in public administration. The statement should discuss why you are interested in the MPA Fellows Program, what has influenced you to pursue this program, and how the MPA at UConn will help you reach your career goals. It should be 2-3 pages, double-spaced.
- Exam Scores
GRE or GMAT scores are not required for the MPA Fellows Program.
- Check the box in the online application to be considered for the MPA Fellows Program.
- A one-time application fee of $75.00.
You will need to provide a credit card number or PayPal information to submit your application. Application fee waivers are available for veterans, active service members as well as members and alumni of the AmeriCorps/Vista programs. Application fee waivers are also available for alumni of the Public Policy and International Affairs Program (PPIA). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition and Fees
The cost for academic year 2020-2021 is $825 per credit. The cost per 3-credit course is $2,475 and includes tuition and fees.