A Program of
In Partnership with
and hundreds of Hartford area nonprofit partners, including:
Bring Your Skills and Experience to Managerial and Professional Careers in the Connecticut Nonprofit Sector
Dates: May 8, 2018 - September 21, 2018
Program Fee: $3,950 (Financial Assistance from AARP CT To Be Announced)
Application Period: Now - April 30, 2018
Acceptance Decisions: March 15 (First Round) - May 4, 2018
For eight years, Encore!Hartford has had a strong record of success in educating and preparing corporate professionals for a transition to careers in the nonprofit sector. The program has also branched out to the southwest corner of Connecticut, now in its second successful year as Encore!Fairfield County.
- Deep Immersion in the Nonprofit Sector: All components of Encore!Hartford, from education to fellowship, are conducted in a diverse selection of Hartford area nonprofit organizations.
- Education: More than 64 hours of managerial and professional skill-set transition education in nonprofit leadership, program management, finance, governance, funding strategies, organizational management, program outcome measurement and job search strategies. Classes meet twice a week beginning in May for two months from 9:00am to 12:30pm.
- Resume Restructuring and Networking: Creation of resumes that reflect transitional skills and experience applicable to the nonprofit sector, and networking opportunities to meet with sector leaders and learn more about the work of their organizations.
- Encore!Hartford Fellowship: The cornerstone of Encore!Hartford is the two-month, 30-hour per week fellowship at a Greater Hartford nonprofit. Matches are based on the Encore!Hartford Fellow’s skills and career goals and the strategic needs of the nonprofit.
Candidate Application Process
- Application Period: Now - April 30, 2018
- Acceptance Decisions: March 15 (First Round) - May 4, 2018
Chosen through a competitive vetting and selection process based on the skill-sets and potential for success in the nonprofit sector, a maximum of twenty-five candidates will be selected for the program. Candidates must be unemployed or underemployed and convey a strong interest in working in the sector. Apply Today!
For questions regarding fellowship host application information, contact Mae Maloney at email@example.com or call 860-206-5072. Application Deadline is June 1, 2018.