Executive Leadership Collaborative
Public Service Executive Leadership Collaborative
Providing Executive Training for Connecticut Public and Nonprofit Sector Professionals
Collective Bargaining and Labor Negotiations
Friday, March 29, 2019
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The participants will explore the processes involved with collective bargaining in the public and non-profit sectors and will develop their negotiation skills. They will also learn how union contracts are negotiated, including discussions on strategies to reduce conflict during the negotiation process.
The workshop will prepare participants with skills to develop bargaining plans, strategies and tactics, to do the preparation work for face-to-face negotiations, and to negotiate with the goal of reaching an agreement.
Course Learning Objectives/Educational Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, the participants will have the skills to:
- Understand the context of labor negotiations,
- Differentiate between positional versus interest-based strategies and structures,
- Develop bargaining plans, strategies and tactics,
- Prepare for face-to-face negotiations, and
- Negotiate to reduce conflict and reach agreement.