Congratulations to Essam Boraey on pursuing his Ph.D.!

Profile photo of Essam Boraey
Essam Boraey, MPP ’21

Join the DPP in congratulating recent MPP alum, Essam Boraey, on pursuing his Ph.D. in Management at the UConn School of Business! Boraey graduated with his MPP in May of 2021 and is thrilled to be continuing his education at UConn. Recently, Boraey shared with us how his MPP fits into his academic and career ambitions. Boraey’s goal of receiving a Ph.D. has been a dream of his for some time now, however in his first pursuit of this degree, he was forced to flee his home country of Egypt amid political persecution. Prior to coming to UConn, Boraey had been working in politics and nonprofits and still wanted to advance his skills in statistical analysis, grant writing, and program development and evaluation. He found the MPP program appealing due to its robust curriculum and national reputation, and truly values his experience at the DPP saying, 

“I believe the skills I gained in my MPP were not only critical to helping me get accepted into a Ph.D. program but will also be essential to my success going forward.”

Boraey specifically mentions the qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and research skills he has learned as being beneficial to his Ph.D. studies, and to his long-term goal of becoming a professor. He hopes to get back to teaching once his new academic schedule allows it. Congratulations once again to Essam Boraey on this achievement!

Posted by Riberdy, Jacqueline in MPP