MPA Student Spends the Summer Interning with the CT State Department of Education

Danny Zeidan, MPA ’22 is spending the summer with the Connecticut State Department of Education as a Communications Intern. Check out Danny’s internship blog post below!

Danny Zeidan with the Doug Flutie statue
Danny Zeidan, MPA ’22

This summer, I am interning with the Connecticut State Department of Education in the commissioner’s office. I primarily work on communications assignments, drafting speeches, talking points, letters, and other materials for department representatives. I have also had the opportunity to work closely with the department on AccelerateCT, which entails providing children with low-cost summer enrichment opportunities across the state. When Governor Lamont announced the launch of the summer enrichment programs at the Maritime Aquarium in Norwalk, I attended the event, made connections, and learned a lot about what the state is doing to better prepare its students for the upcoming school year. In fact, the best aspect of this opportunity has been listening to and learning from so many people that are passionate about education and providing children with educational opportunities in an equitable manner. For the remainder of my time there, I am going to soak in as much knowledge as I can regarding education policy in hopes of furthering my own education and experience. This opportunity has been wonderful so far, and I owe thanks to the DPP’s MPA program for not only assisting me in finding this summer internship, but also for enhancing my public sector writing skills so that I may perform the best job possible.