This Spring (2021) students in the Department of Public Policy’s (DPP) Master of Arts in Survey Research (MASR) – Media and Communication Campaigns Track can start taking Track specific coursework online through UConn’s Department of Communication.
Learn more about the upcoming coursework below. For more information about the Track and career outcomes, please see our October news story!
Spring 2021 Coursework
The following three-credit courses will be offered this upcoming semester:
- COMM 5120 Communication Campaigns: Campaign theory and planning. Students learn how to conduct interviews and focus groups with members of a target audience, and work with non-profit organizations to design a campaign.
- This course will be taught by Assistant Professor Tyler Page.
- COMM 5150 Crisis and Risk Communication: Research, theory, and best practices in crisis and risk communication.
- This course will be taught by Communication Department Head and Professor Ken Lachlan.
Additional COMM Offerings Within the Track
The following three-credit courses will be offered in future semesters:
- COMM 5003 Advanced Communication Research Methods: Research techniques and procedures for the study of communication. Research design, multivariate statistics, and structural modeling.
- COMM 5640 Social Media Use and Effects: Research and theory on the social and psychological predictors and effects of social media use as well as social media platforms: their technology, functions, and analysis of collected data.