- Associate Professor Kerri Raissian kicked off our week on Monday with a research feature on UConn Today’s newsletter. Her research, completed in collaboration with Megan Feely of UConn Social Work, Lindsey Bullinger of Georgia Tech, William Schneider of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, focuses on macro-level factors of child neglect. Read more on this work at UConn Today.
- On Tuesday, 12/03, the Scholars Strategy Network Connecticut Chapter presented its winter lecture, “Research and the Free Press: Working Together to Inform Policy,” featuring New York Times columnist David Leonhardt.
- Wednesday night, 12/06, marked the final class of the semester for Professor Mark Robbins’ Public Investment Analysis class. Each semester, the student with the highest performing investment portfolio wins the coveted “Money Bunny” award. Congratulations to this semester’s winner, MPA ’20 student Najoua Khadrany!
- Last week we also held two successful information sessions on Monday and Wednesday, attracting students interested in the MPA/MPP Programs, Fast Track, and the MPA Fellows program. Follow us on Instagram to never miss an info session update!
- On Saturday members of our community participated in UConn Hartford’s Footwear with Care’s annual Winter Boot Party! Our Administrative Coordinator Wade Gibbs was featured on the front page of the Hartford Courant!
- In Alumni news, congratulations to both Sneha Jayaraj (MPP ‘19) and Matthew Lenczewski (MPA ’19) for accepting new positions in their field. Sneha will be starting an Economic Development Analyst position with MetroHartford Alliance and Matthew is a new Eligibility Services Specialist with the Connecticut Department of Social Services.
- Final Exams begin on Monday, December 9th.
- Information Sessions: To RSVP please see our info session page
- MPA Fellows Information Session: Tuesday, December 10th from 12-1PM in the 4th Floor Faculty Lounge of HTB.
- Survey Research & Fast-Track Information Session: Wednesday, December 11th from 8:30-9:00AM, online session.
- Professional Service Executive Leadership Collaborative (PSELC) on Team Development, Friday, December 13th 2019, from 9am-4pm.
- Also this week: All current DPP students check your email for information about candidate job talks.