Our professional development seminars were in full swing last this week!
- On Wednsesday, students and alumni heard from Lindsey Leininger, Clinical Professor of Business Administration at the Tucks School of Business at Dartmouth College. Dr. Leininger discussed with students what it means to be a Data Translator and how they can best facilitate data work in leadership roles.
- Dr. Leininger concluded her visit with the DPP on Thursday by presenting her work on health care experiences and expenses of vulnerable, high-need populations.
- Also on Thursday, District Director for New Britain Congresswoman Jahana Hayes Veronica T. DeLandro (MPA 2015), MPA Fellow and Communications Director for the CT Office of the State Comptroller Tara Downes (MPA 2020), and our Department Head, Mohamad Alkadry, spoke at Central Connecticut State University’s forum Overcoming Gender Pay Inequality. The all-day forum was held on Thursday at Central Connecticut State University.
- Tara spoke on a panel entitled “The Status of Pay Equity in Connecticut”
- Veronica and Mohamad spoke during a forum entitled “Overcoming Gender Pay Inequality”
- Anita Ford Saunders, Director of Advancement Communications, Trinity College, and Lloyd Duggan, Jr., President, gL Marketing Consultants, rounded out the week with their full-day session Connecting with Your Stakeholders: A long-Term Buy-In and A Cultivated Mutual Relationship. The session is part of the DPP’s Public Service Executive Leadership Collaborative.
- This week in alumni news: We congratulated DPP Alum Alyssa Carboni (MPA ’15) on Thursday for recently accepting a position as Post Award Research Manager with Yale School of Medicine.
Coming Up This Week:
- Survey Research Info Session – Tonight, November 18, 2019 from 6:00pm – 6:30pm, Online
- GAPPS-ICMA “Friendsgiving” tonight from 6:30-8PM.
- UConn Avery Point Career Conversations, November 19, 2019 from 12:00pm – 2:00pm
- UConn Volunteer Fair, November 19, 2019 from 12:00-1:30 pm, Hartford Public Library