Week 8 Recap: In the Golden State with Public Service On Our Minds
This week the Department of Public Policy (DPP) championed runners and public servants.
- Last Saturday members of GAPPS-ICMA volunteered at the Hartford Marathon and cheered on the runners.
- On Wednesday, Associate Professor Dr. Kerri Raissian presented with the School of Social Work Assistant Professor Dr. Megan Feely at the Department of Children and Families / Community Support for Families Annual Meeting. Dr. Raissian and Dr. Feely presented their research on the connection between poverty and child maltreatment.
- From Wednesday through Friday, members of the UConn DPP faculty and staff attended the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (or NASPAA) 2019 Annual Conference. This year’s conference theme is “Reconstructing Governance for the Next 50 Years” and our faculty and staff presented on a variety of topics. To learn more about their panel presence, see our most recent Instagram post.
- On the career front, Carl Goldblatt, MPA 2019 recently accepted a Connecticut Careers Trainee position with the Connecticut Department of Banking. He is training to become a Financial Examiner.
- On Monday, October 21st we are hosting a Professional Development: Alumni Career Panel in McHugh 308 at 5pm in Storrs. To RSVP please email our Outreach Coordinator Lian Kish at Kish@UConn.edu.
- On Tuesday, October 22nd we will be hosting an information table in the Atrium of the Hartford Times Building from 11am until 1pm to share information about our programs and professional opportunities..
- On Wednesday, we will be hosting an in person information session for our Fast-Track and Survey Research programs from 1pm until 2pm in Hartford Times Building, Room 209. To RSVP to the session please see our info session