Non-degree study allows individuals who have not been formally accepted into a degree-seeking program at UConn to take graduate-level credit courses with the Department of Public Policy (DPP).
A maximum of 6 credits, with an earned grade of a B or better, can be transferred into a degree program. In order for the course to count as a transfer credit, it must have been taken within six years.
All non-degree courses in the department cost $825 per credit, or $2,475 for a 3-credit course.
If you have a Bachelor’s degree or higher and wish to register for a course as a non-degree with the Department of Public Policy, please follow the steps below:
- Determine what course you are interested in taking as a non-degree by reviewing our Course Schedules (some restrictions may apply). If you need assistance, please contact the DPP to speak with a staff member at (860) 570-9343 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the Permission Number Request Form.
Typically classes start at the following time frames:
- Fall courses begin the last Monday in August.
- Spring courses begin the Tuesday after Monday’s Martin Luther King Holiday.
- Summer sessions begin early May and end late August.