We welcome your application to the UConn Public Policy Fellows Program!
In keeping with our commitment to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, race, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, cultural background, religion or beliefs.
|APPLICATION REVIEW DATES|
|FALL SEMESTER ADMISSION||SPRING SEMESTER ADMISSION|
|February 15||November 1|
Below are instructions to aid you in your application process:
- Complete the Graduate School Online Application
- Official transcripts for all college-level studies, regardless of whether a degree was awarded. You may upload an unofficial transcript to the online application. Please send all official transcripts to:
Whetten Graduate School
438 Whitney Road Extension, Unit 1152
Storrs, CT 06269-1152
Official electronic copies of your transcripts should be sent to email@example.com.
- International Students
International applicants who are not native English speakers are also required to complete a test of English proficiency, such as the TOEFL, PTE or IELTS exams.
- Your current résumé
- Letters of recommendation
A recommendation letter from your supervisor is required. If you are a Connecticut State Executive agency employee (agency list), the supervisor’s letter must also include two specific items:
1. An acknowledgement that you might need to attend class during work hours (some classes begin at 4:00pm), and
2. The account from which funding is being provided if the agency is paying for the program.
You may submit more than one letter. Your letter writers should send their letters electronically per the application instructions. If you are unable to submit your letters of recommendation electronically through the ApplyYourself system, you may submit them to the Administrative Program Director using the following methods:
1. Email attachment (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Fax: (860) 246-0334
University of Connecticut
Department of Public Policy
10 Prospect St., 4th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103
- A statement or letter addressing your goals and objectives for a career in public administration. The statement should discuss why you are interested in the Public Policy Fellows MPA or LPM program, what has influenced you to pursue this program, and how the MPA or LPM at UConn will help you reach your career goals. Connecticut State agency employees should also include a statement of how you are paying for the program – via self-pay, agency funding, or tuition reimbursement from your collective bargaining unit.
- Exam Scores
All applicants whose cumulative undergraduate GPA is lower than a 3.2 are required to submit GRE or GMAT scores. For more information on the GRE exam and to schedule a test date, visit the GRE website. For more information on the GMAT exam and to schedule a test date, visit the GMAT website.
- Check the box in the online application to be considered for the Public Policy Fellows Program. You should check the appropriate box depending on whether or not you are a Connecticut State agency employee.
- A one-time application fee of $75.00.
You will need to provide a credit card number or PayPal information to submit your application. Application fee waivers are available for veterans, active service members as well as members and alumni of the AmeriCorps/Vista programs. Please contact the Administrative Program Director at email@example.com.
Tuition and Fees
The cost for academic year 2017-2018 is $825 per credit. The cost per 3-credit course is $2,475 and includes tuition and fees.