A Workforce Preparedness Program for Managerial and Professional Employment in the Connecticut Nonprofit Sector
- Dates: TBA. Anticipated to be offered in the fall, 2017, in concert with Encore!Fairfield County.
- Program Fee: TBA
- Application Period: TBA
- Acceptance Decisions: TBA
- Deep Immersion in the Nonprofit Sector: All components of Encore!Hartford, from education to fellowship, are conducted in a diverse selection of Connecticut nonprofit organizations.
- Education: Sixty-four hours of managerial and professional skill-set transition education in nonprofit leadership, program management, finance, governance, funding strategies, organizational management, program outcome measurement and job search strategies. Classes meet twice a week for two months from 9:00am to 12:30pm.
- Resume Restructuring and Networking: Creation of resumes that reflect transitional skills and experience applicable to the nonprofit sector, and networking opportunities to meet with sector leaders and learn more about the work of their organizations.
- Encore Fellowship: The cornerstone of Encore!Hartford is the two-month, 30-hour per week fellowship at a Greater Hartford area or Fairfield County area, as appropriate, nonprofit.