Bring Your Skills and Experience to Managerial and Professional Careers in the Connecticut Nonprofit Sector
- Dates: September 1 – December 15, 2016
- Program Fee: $2,950
- Application Period: July 1 - August 15, 2016
Due to Encore!Hartford's seven year track record of transition success from the corporate to the nonprofit sector, Encore!Fairfield County was held this Fall.
Encore!Fairfield County is made possible by the generous support of the Fairfield County’s Community Foundation, AARP Connecticut, The Workplace and our valued in-kind partners, Connecticut Department of Labor, and the United Ways of Coastal Fairfield County, Western Connecticut and Greenwich, along with over 100 Fairfield County nonprofit partners !
Encore!Fairfield County Curriculum:
- Deep Immersion in the Nonprofit Sector: All components of Encore!Fairfield County, from education to fellowship, are conducted in a diverse selection of Fairfield County nonprofit organizations.
- Education: More than sixty-four hours of managerial and professional skill-set transition education in nonprofit leadership, program management, finance, governance, funding strategies, organizational management, program outcome measurement and job search strategies. Classes meet twice a week beginning in September for two months from 9:00am to 12:30pm.
- Resume Restructuring and Networking: Creation of resumes that reflect transitional skills and experience applicable to the nonprofit sector, and networking opportunities to meet with sector leaders and learn more about the work of their organizations.
- Encore!Fairfield County Fellowship: The cornerstone of Encore!Fairfield County is the two-month, 30-hour per week fellowship at a Greater Fairfield County nonprofit. Matches are based on the Encore!Fairfield County Fellows skills and career goals and the strategic needs of the nonprofit.
Encore!Fairfield County Nonprofit Fellowship Host Application Form (Word document) - For questions regarding fellowship host application information, contact Linda Friedman, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-570-9282.
Candidate Application Process
Application period opens summer, 2017.
Chosen through a competitive vetting and selection process based on the skill-sets and potential for success in the nonprofit sector, a maximum of twenty-five candidates will be selected for the program. Candidates must be unemployed or underemployed and convey a strong interest in working in the sector.